Data Driven Detroit assists our community partners by specializing in the following areas:
Recent Blog Posts\
- Uphill Both Ways: Where are the Jobs in Metro Detroit?March 4, 2015This post is the second in a series focused on employment and commuting patterns in Detroit and the surrounding region. In the first post of the “Uphill Both Wa . . .
- Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan Announces City Open Data PortalFebruary 19, 2015Today, Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan made a monumental announcement, releasing the City’s first Open Data Portal. The portal will provide access to many datasets th . . .
- Uphill Both Ways: Chronicling Metro Detroit’s Transit MismatchFebruary 10, 2015This is the first post in a new D3 blog series looking at employment and commuting patterns in Detroit and the surrounding region. The recent Detroit Free Press . . .
- Along with our partners – the Michigan Nonprofit Association, LOVELAND Technologies, and Rock Ventures, LLC, among others – we accomplished a set of dizzying tasks. In the first few months of the project, we assembled a team of 200 resident surveyors, drivers, and quality-control associates; cataloged information for all 380,000 properties (Four Seasons of Data: Celebrating 15 Months of Motor City MappingJanuary 12, 2015By Diana Flora Since October 2013, Data Driven Detroit (D3) has had the pleasure of collaborating on Motor City Mapping, a massive project that has included hun . . .
- Motor City Mapping Mini-Grants Come to a Successful CloseDecember 23, 2014By Stephanie Edlinger Partners/Funders Data Driven Detroit Michigan Nonprofit Association LOVELAND Technologies Rock Ventures, LLC Detroit Blight Removal Task F . . .
- City of Change: Toward a Neighborhood-Level AnalysisDecember 23, 2014City of Change: Toward a Neighborhood-Level Analysis Over the past several weeks, the City of Change series has looked at how Detroit’s residential neighborhood . . .
Latest Data Sets Available on the D3 Open Data Portal
- 2009 Detroit Residential Parcel SurveyMarch 4, 2015In 2009, Data Driven Detroit partnered with Living Cities, the Detroit Office of Foreclosure Prevention and Response and Community Legal Resources (Michigan Community Resources) to conduct a survey of . . .noah_D3
- Archival Tax Foreclosures in Detroit, 2002 - 2013December 16, 2014Wayne County follows a relatively fixed process for initiating tax foreclosures. The county serves notice to any parcel that is more than three years delinquent on property tax payments, and these pro . . .noah_D3
- People Mover Route, DetroitDecember 11, 2014. . .JLongD3
- Master Plan Neighborhoods, DetroitDecember 11, 2014. . .JLongD3
- Downtown Parking Lots, Detroit, 2012December 11, 2014. . .JLongD3
- Public LibrariesDecember 11, 2014Name and address of public libraries in the city. Data may not reflect recent closures. . . .travis_D3