Data Driven Detroit assists our community partners by specializing in the following areas:
Recent Blog Posts\
- Getting “Trashed” on Opening Day, 2015April 6, 2015We at D3, like many people throughout Detroit, love the Tigers Opening Day celebration. It is a special day that marks the beginning of warm weather, outdoor ac . . .
- Moms, Place, and Low Birth Weight, Part 2: Does Place Matter?April 1, 2015This is the second in a three-part series examining correlates of low birth weight in babies born in 2010, 2011, and 2012 in Detroit, Wayne County outside of De . . .
- Data Show Where Detroit’s Students LiveMarch 26, 2015Detroit is a big place, and the demand for schools can’t be the same equally across the city, especially since there are such large differences between thriving . . .
- Exploring Student Dispersion MapsMarch 23, 2015Since the 2011-12 school year, Data Driven Detroit (D3) has created a series of maps that illustrate the spatial patterns related to where students from differe . . .
- Moms, Place, and Low Birth Weight, Part 1: DetroitMarch 12, 2015In an influential January 30, 2014 Detroit News article entitled “Detroit is Deadliest City for Children,” the author, Karen Bouffard, wrote, “In 2010, Detroit . . .
- Uphill Both Ways: Where are the Jobs in Metro Detroit?March 4, 2015This post is the second in a series focused on employment and commuting patterns in Detroit and the surrounding region. In the first post of the “Uphill Both Wa . . .
Latest Data Sets Available on the D3 Open Data Portal
- MotorCityMappingBlextsApril 26, 2015MCM . . .charlesyorke_D3
- Vacant Structures by Census Block, Q4 2013 - Q4 2014March 25, 2015In January, 2014, Data Driven Detroit (D3) purchased a license of the Valassis Corporation's VNEF Plus database to receive quarterly updates of address-level vacancy data. Though the address-leve . . .noah_D3
- Police StationsJanuary 7, 2015. . .JLongD3
- Fire StationsJanuary 7, 2015. . .JLongD3
- Windsor ParcelsJanuary 7, 2015Parcels from the open data site at the City of Windsor, ON . . .JLongD3
- Vacancy Index, November 2014 (Aggregated)December 30, 2014The D3 vacancy index was designed to provide a more nuanced assessment of structural vacancy than the "occupied/unoccupied/maybe" categories used in the Motor City Mapping windshield survey. . . .noah_D3