Data Driven Detroit assists our community partners by specializing in the following areas:
Recent Blog Posts\
- Data Show Where Detroit’s Students LiveMarch 26, 2015Detroit is a big place, and the demand for schools can’t be the same equally across the city, especially since there are such large differences between thriving . . .
- Exploring Student Dispersion MapsMarch 23, 2015Since the 2011-12 school year, Data Driven Detroit (D3) has created a series of maps that illustrate the spatial patterns related to where students from differe . . .
- Moms, Place, and Low Birth Weight, Part 1: DetroitMarch 12, 2015In an influential January 30, 2014 Detroit News article entitled “Detroit is Deadliest City for Children,” the author, Karen Bouffard, wrote, “In 2010, Detroit . . .
- Uphill Both Ways: Where are the Jobs in Metro Detroit?March 4, 2015This post is the second in a series focused on employment and commuting patterns in Detroit and the surrounding region. In the first post of the “Uphill Both Wa . . .
- Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan Announces City Open Data PortalFebruary 19, 2015Today, Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan made a monumental announcement, releasing the City’s first Open Data Portal. The portal will provide access to many datasets th . . .
- Uphill Both Ways: Chronicling Metro Detroit’s Transit MismatchFebruary 10, 2015This is the first post in a new D3 blog series looking at employment and commuting patterns in Detroit and the surrounding region. The recent Detroit Free Press . . .
Latest Data Sets Available on the D3 Open Data Portal
- MotorCityMappingBlextsMarch 29, 2015MCM . . .charlesyorke_D3
- Income to Poverty Ratios in Michigan by Zip Code Tabulation Area, 2013March 25, 2015This dataset contains information on the ratio of family income to the federal poverty level at the zip code tabulation area (ZCTA) level. Each column beginning with a "T_" lists the total n . . .noah_D3
- Vacant Structures by Census Block, Q4 2013 - Q4 2014March 25, 2015In January, 2014, Data Driven Detroit (D3) purchased a license of the Valassis Corporation's VNEF Plus database to receive quarterly updates of address-level vacancy data. Though the address-leve . . .noah_D3
- WindsorStreetCenterlinesJanuary 7, 2015Streets from the City of Windsor, ON, Canada . . .JLongD3
- Fire StationsJanuary 7, 2015. . .JLongD3
- Police StationsJanuary 7, 2015. . .JLongD3