City of Detroit Report
Welcome to the Neighborhood Indicator System Report
University of Michigan’s Urban and Regional Planning Program produced the following report at the behest and with the support of the City of Detroit’s Planning and Development Department. The title is “A Neighborhood Indicator System for Detroit: Empowering Communities Through Information” (April, 2004).
Click on any of the following to download the file.
- Table of Contents
- Data Warehouse
- Community Empowerment System
- Early Detection System
- Appendix 1: System Case Studies
- Appendix 2: Glossary
- Appendix 3: Correlation Analysis
- Appendix 4: Descriptive Maps
- Appendix 5: Misleading Results
- Appendix 6: Neighborhood Typologies
- Appendix 7: Indicators Evaluated
- Appendix 8: Mapping Change Over Time
Download the Full Report (2MB)
Many thanks to the Authors: Rebecca Alter, Geoff Dickinson, Betty Law, Xin Li, Jung Moon Lim, Brian Martin, Danielle Stingley, Samantha Tilton, Paul Urbiel, & Jacob VanDyke. We appreciate your fine, hard work! Many thanks.